Translate

January 09, 2007

How I want to be remembered..and finalized



Unfortunately I am already remembered...lol
I have many reputations I can't live down..
I once pulled a gas pump over, and dragged it away, what a sight out your rear view mirror!
..
like a scene out of a movie, reality is stranger than fiction I always say.

My ex always called me fireball, I suppose it comes down to that in most relationships with men. Surely they are projecting!

BTW, the gas pump was NOT my fault..seriously!!
There have been other escapades too numerous to mention or to live down, some very private moments that are seriously funny!

I guess what I'm saying here is that how I wanna be remembered has nothing to do with how people will remember me.

I was a scandle in my old west Tx town, a woman gossiped about because she traveled all over the world without her husband, or drove to Mexico City with a girlfriend, who lef t in the middle of the night to drive to another city to an art show, alone. women aren't suppose to do that?
My neighbors always had some thing to talk about.
I never understood why I could be the center of their attention, but I guess when you live in a small town full of gossippers who have rarely been out of the state, that's what happens.
It wasn't my hometown, or my home state.

I didn't fit it very well..but I left many impressions behind that people will decide how they want to remember me.

Here it is another story, I spend a lot of my time with a man that I was once in love with, but we're pretty much platonic anymore, and outdoors was my life, but that has been waining..he was my hiking back packing partner, but I'm bored with my life here, and him, and me!!.

He definatly remembers me his way, and his favorites are pretty funny memories of a sexual nature that I am certain would arise after my death... I can see these men sitting around talking about me now, trying to top each other with stories.

In the fervor some stories will get expanded maybe some made up,,my reputation will grow.
I am a laughable person, I admit, one of the pleasures of my life has been to make people laugh.

And so they will, and I guess in the END..it's ok with me that they will remember me as funny...

BTW, I wanna be creamated, and have my ashes sent to artists to put in their glazes...that way, my kids and the world can say, That vase IS my Mom, or that vase IS Sherry.

Maybe I'll end up in a nice place in Japan where I am used to make beautiful tea cups and Japanese sculptural art.

They could plant a few ashes in Mother earth, and , a nice mixture of peat moss and rich composted earth, plants rabbits foot fern and daisies on my grave, and bronze clown shoes for the foot stone, The headstone would read, I was only clowning around.

1 comment:

jill said...

I stumbled over here from "Something to Say..." I saw your mug, and yelped outloud... I have two of these same face mugs, that I got at a tag sale. So darling... and fun!!