Translate

March 19, 2008

Pasta with Pesto, and Curry

Tonight I made curry and a pasta dish for tomorrow
Umm, house smells nice when curry is cooking.

Here are the photos..I used 2 onions, and 4 carrots, and 2 extra large potatoes, a few chunks of stew meat..some shiraz and curry...






The pesto is a fettucine with an herbal pesto sauce. So easy to make and relaly yummy pasta..
Anybody have ideas for dinner tomorrow night?

Well yeah, pasta, salad, but I'll probably cook up some more stuff for the next day. It's nice to stay ahead in case you have some draining day and don't have the energy to cook, or wanna go do something, so dinner is already done..





Tomorrow I may have a smorgasbord of left overs, not elegant aftermath's mind you, just good old leftovers.
I don't know what I'll cook until I'm in the kitchen, and then I get started and can't stop. I get worn out cooking, it's like a marathon.

Oh by the way here is a verry interesting link, you should check this out. I have been researching so much stuff on the brian lately, and in conjunction I am watching online video of Oprah interviewing Eckhart Tolle, very cool that over a million people are involved in this from her site at Oprah.com.

His book is The New Earth, and is about ego and awareness, raising consciousness, etc. Very practical stuff to have a better life.
Combined with news about the amazing brain, I am wowed.

The book to get is, The Brain That Changes Itself. Ironically I bought this book over Christmas and now PBS is giving it away in their aging brain series, which is also very very interesting.

So here is that one site you have to go to , I am to lazy tonight to make a link, so just copy and paste this in your browser or google the name here, and even tho her voice is difficult to listen to, it is well worth a listen.

www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/229


Neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor had an opportunity few brain scientists would wish for: One morning, she realized she was having a massive stroke. As it happened -- as she felt her brain functions slip away one by one, speech, movement, understanding -- she studied and remembered every moment. This is a powerful story of recovery and awareness -- of how our brains define us and connect us to the world and to one another. (Recorded February 2008 in Monterey, California. Duration: 18:44.)

No comments: