Translate

March 18, 2008

Look Diane! I can still cook! (well, prepare food)

I butchered my first post, so lets see if I can get it right again.

I confess the only cooking here was the pasta in the salad.
What we have here, besides a big mess in the kitchen is:

Pasta salad with ham
Marinated spinach salad (with black grapes)
Pita sandwiches of my own design, they include:

Taboli with mint ( thanks to Diane reminding me how to make it)

sandwiches are spread with: lotsa hummus
then filled with tabouli
Turkey, (chopped)
English cukes (chopped)
Tomato ( chopped)
Kalamata olives

(usually I use feta, (french) but was out, it was good anyway..)
Squeeze each side with lemon, and drizzle with olive oil.

I designed this sandwich , waaay long ago. Usually serve them with gazpacho ( prepared, not cooked, as well)

Anyway, this is great company food, make it a day ahead, and just serve it taco style.
It was a big mess in the kitchen, I tried to make it look tidy for the photo's.

It's stored away till tomorrow now.
You can add anything to these sandwiches, artichoke is good, use your imagination.

If you want my designer Gazpacho recipe, e-mail me. It is a really great gazpacho from back in my gourmet cooking days.


The pasta salad was pasta hearts, but they sort of turned to ribbons in the pasta. I use stone ground mustard with mayonnaise, sweet pickle juice, sweet pickle, dill relish, red bell pepper, onions, and celery in this salad, with salt and pepper, and hmm, any spices, I forget..



My dishes are from Mexico ( people usually ask)

My mess:


That's olive oil in the Chanti bottle.


Stuffed!!!

No comments: