Translate

December 15, 2007

Winthrop/Twisp in December



Imagine this under snow... (see below) it's Pearrygin park here..
I came up to Twisp for an art workshop, and then drove over here to Winthrop.
This is snow country. It's a valley ( The Methow Valley) in NE Washington, and it's cold, dry, crisp, and white. The snow this morning is new, about 4 inches maybe. It's new snow, I can't go home now! I'd have to leave after Breakfast to go over the pass around noon, and I haven't yet enjoyed the snow, and new snow at that.
remember, I am a snow bunny from PA.

If I stay here, I can either rent skis and ski, or snow shoe, I brought mine, Sking would be great because it's so soft and new. I can leave my mark in the snows of time.

Life is short as they say, and I have never been one to sacrifice it to mundane existence. (except in spells, I'm idealistic, will it pay off? It already has!)

My room looks like this, (at a B&B) has a fireplace..


I opened my windows last last an let the cold in, crawled under my down comforter, and slept for 4.5 hours before awakening to close windows, and light the fireplace on. It's dry in this room, it needs moisture. So I'll draw a bath soon, and soak, a coolish bath, I like cool. I'm happy, I'l have a nice breakfast, and bet I'll stay another day, and snow shoe.
I watched a movie last night in my room, and have a few more, Frankie and Johnny is playing now. For some reason the fireplace isn't firing, but I don't care, The snow outside warms me in a way I can't explain, it takes me to my roots in a small town near Pittsburgh where I lived close to all my family, it was a snugly womb. I have always missed it. Only one person understands, my cousin Karen who is stuck in Florida, who remembers it as I do, wombish, and wonderful. I miss her now, and wish she were here to play in the snow with me. We'd build a snowman for sure.

If I won the lottery, I'd just buy this room for the winter, and stay here. I'd check out all possibilities for art here. it is an art community. Summer here would be hot for me, I'd have to escape to the drizzle again, to the peninsula and Rialto, but it would be purrfect for firing my work in a primitive fire.

I still have to buy presents and ship stuff, it will have to wait until I get back, but I can order a few gifts online, my favorite way to shop.
Umm, I will make almond roca for presents, too., and maybe peanut butter fudge, afterall, it's holidays, everyone wants a little sugar.

It's nice being alone, I like being with myself, I'm entertaining, lol, and unencumbered by anyone who has an agenda, or plans to have their way. In other words, I am not stifled. If any young women read this , a word to the wise...keep your power, your interests, don't let hormones dictate you are them, you aren't your hormones, you're so much more, ...

Umm, too bad skis aren't by my front door.
Pearrygin park under snow


Well, it's 6 Am, and breakfast is between 8 and whatever. Umm friends, I wish you were here to enjoy the snow, I smile thinking of you here partaking with me, but then I'd have to compromise a little and wouldn't be completely able to indulge myself.
I should get some work done, but hey, there's snow, what can I say?
It's perfect crissmiss weather.
Stay tuned, maybe I'll make it back home, oneday....

coffees ready....

No comments: