Translate

December 15, 2007

A winthrop wedding tonight



















The most beautiful wedding, Amanda and Chris. I met this lovely family at the B&B I am staying at this morning at breakfast, and was invited to the wedding tonight by three people including the bride, Aunt, and Mother. I feel so honored to be included this way, and so fortunate to have met such a lovely family. Inspiring!

A snow wedding was what I always wanted, and planned when I was to be married in northern Honshu ( 8 feet of snow deep) , never materialized, but I lived my wedding vicariously through Amanda's. Wow, what a beautiful girl, inside and out.
Imagine being so inclusive that you'd invite a stranger to the wedding. ( and be adopted, too) I am definitely blessed.

Clara is the Maternal Grandmother, we made fast friends, I loaned her my Norwegian mittens which she blessed in Norwegian and wore at the wedding. We had warm conversations, and I was reminded of my own family of origin that has been departed for so long, they were gracious like this family is. I am so happy for the reminder of how gracious people can be. Thank you everyone. I can't begin to tell you what your inclusivity ( is that a real word? It is now) .. means to me. (how this enlivens my heart of my own family).

The loveliest woman, and family. The wedding was quiet, in the snow by the river, the music was soft and beautiful, snow fell, and the bride was gorgeous. The groom was charming. It was refreshing, and natural, brisk, and new like fallen snow is.. a marriage begins..

Mother of the bride was Vicki, Aunt; Sally, Grandmother ; Clara, incredible women..father ; Gordon, sister was Molly I believe.
Uncle ; Mark.

The cake was the best carrot cake I ever had, the meal was delicious, but most of all, these charming, kind, inclusive people stole my heart.

Best Wishes Amanda and Mark!

Thus must be for the man who needs everything...:

No comments: