Translate

November 03, 2005

Memes, her secret life of....

From:
The secret life (In and Out of confidence)

Copy and paste topics:

If I have time by myself:
You wouldn’t know it but I’m very good at:
You may not know it but I am very bad at:
A book (s) that changed me:
Movie heaven:
Comfort eating:
My biggest regret:
I wish I’d never worn:
When I was a child I wanted to be:
All my money goes on:
My favorite building(s):
My favorite work of art:
Soundtrack to my life:
The best inventions ever:
My favorite quote is:
My credo
If you won the lottery, where would you buy a home?
You...Add another topic


My answers:

If I have time by myself:
I blog, or pot, or plant, plod, walk,read, tidy up, lift a weight.
I scrape moss off the sidewalk, hug my cat.

You wouldn’t know it but I’m very good at:
Doing nothing. (today, this is an accomplishment)
I like to clean. My daughter, Daphne, used to say I polished the brass dorrknobs after anyone touched them, well now, we didn't have brass doorknobs, did we? Anyway, that was then, this is now, and I am much more comfy with messes.
I am a good seamstress.


You may not know it but I am very bad at:
Shopping.. I like having everything delivered, not that I do, however I used to have 2 food trucks deliver food to my home when I was married. I was teased by neighbors and relatives who said I was having an affair with the Schwan Man because he'd come calling late at night to catch me. A few times when out of town staying at a motel a Schwan truck showed up, and my relatives exclaimed that they had followed me out of town.

I lived in a town for a long time that had no good stores, so I mail ordered all my clothes, but only from companies that would pay return shipping. It was wonderful! I got nice boxes of nice clothes, tried them on at home, sent them back, ordered more... no extra cost.

A book (s) that changed me:
Cloud Hidden, Wherabouts Unknown.
Leaves Of Grass.
Writings of Emerson
The Art of Love by eric Fromm


Movie heaven:
Foreign..mostly.. The Scent of Green papayas ( Vietnamese) A quietly beautiful movie.

Comfort eating:
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Chocolate pie (my recipe in sidebar is the best chocolate pie in the world)
Cherry pies made with good sour cherries.
Banana Cream Pie,
Filled noodles (a family recipe)


My biggest regret:
Not sure I have one!

I wish I’d never worn:
I have no such wish…well, there was that awful embroidered dress my Mother and Step Father picked out for me.!

When I was a child I wanted to be:
A Ballerina, but I was forced to take 2 years of tap, and was told I had to take more tap before I could take ballet. So I quit dance. In my 30's I took 20 hours a week of ballet!

All my money goes on:
Necessities, ( includes sending my kids stuff, that to me is a nesessity).... and lattes.

My favorite building(s):
One I design myself of clay and can imagine going into.
Places in my dreams that are very Dionynesian.
Primitive dwellings

My favorite work (s) of art:
Michelangelo’s David
The Nike of Samothrace
Edward Hopper, Rooms by the Sea
Egon Schiele, portrait of self and wife.

Soundtrack to my life:
The Artist; Cat Stevens

The best inventions ever:
Skates, sleds, bikes, skiis
The Internet
Macintosh computer
Aspirin


My favorite quote is:
There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.


My credo
Have the courage of a child. But never expect as much of them as you do of yourself.

My addition:
If you won the lottery, where would you buy a home? What else would you do?
I would buy a place in Branson Mo cause my kids live there, it would be on Lake Taney Como near town.
Maybe one here where Ilive now, or close to it.
I would build a community for homeless people where they could have a community kitchen, garden, etc, and their own living quarters. A place to collaborate....and live.
I would also build hostels in places where there are none, and start food banks everywhere they don't have them.

Tagging:
Kim Carney

No comments: