Translate

October 27, 2005

YOU! Yes you....Help me name my new kitty cat!


Please go here to see the incredible beautiful Rialto Beach
, ( of Washington's coast) and Dungeness River and Royal Creek convergence shots. Click for full sizes. It's like being there..almost!


Kitty: I adopted him yesterday, he is 2 years old. He is very smart, and gentle, and cuddly. I am sure I have not experienced much of him yet, however, since he began sneezing on the way home, and he doesn't feel well.

He is supposed to be playful, and funny, too.

I love him so much already, but feel bad for his sneezing.

Anyone know why he would start sneezing so suddenly? He wasn't doing it at the shelter...that I know of.
Anyway, last night I heard a crash, and went into the hallway where the rug was askew and into the Reiki room where the work table was taken down and set on the floor, it had fallen over, and he skedaddled, I guess.
Must have been exploring in the night.

The rest of the night he slept with me. Any good name suggestions? Sneezy?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He may just have a cold or he may have a respiratory infection. We got a cat from the local shelter a few years ago, and she was fine there, but started sneezing the next morning, and by the following day, was obviously ill. Of course, we picked her up Friday afternoon, so all this happened over the weekend. We took her in to our vet Monday morning, and they ran some tests, and sent her home with amoxicilian. She was fine in a couple days.

As for names, we always live with an animal a few days, or even weeks in a couple cases, before choosing a name until one occurs to us that seems to fit well.

Nimbostratusdweller said...

Thank you for your feedback.
Yes, we aim to wait for a name too. Suggestions are fun to maybe chose from.
I called the shelter, they said he wasn't doing it there but it could be just stress, he wasn't in the shelter very long, so a lot of change for him.
I will take him to the vet this week to see whats up, The shelter said it was probably a cold and would be over it in 1 to 2 weeks!
I will post more about him later, name etc. when we know what it is. He will probably tell us.
They named him Monty at his last home, but he is too much of a gentleman to be named Monty, and he wears this fine tuxedo!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherrycoddle, Your new feline is absolutely Lovely!!! I'm so glad that What's His Name has a new home this week!

My cats had sudden sneeze-attacks last year. I did nothing, and they stopped sneezing quickly as they began. I did nothing because I've been sneezing for years already. I think it's just junk in the air (many power plants in my area). Surprisingly, when I visit places with cleaner air to which I'm not accustomed, I sneeze and sometimes my eyes water. I don't worry 'bout me for the short term - maybe I have some brand of empathetic "feline stress syndrome?" Give it a couple of weeks, and see if things don't change. Love you & new kitty, too... Debbie

diet dilemma magmem style said...

Hi. I'm just surfing. You had me at Kitty cat. He sure is a sweetie! I'd call him "Mr. TUXEDO a-chew."
I'll pray that he gets better. How wonderful of you to save a pets life from the Pound's death sentence. I cry when I hear all of thoes animals crying for help, and saying, please choose me!