Translate

February 18, 2011

World's Best Chocolate Pie


I have to tell you, my recipes get hit a lot. I had them all in one place, convenient for people to use, but I've had thousands of people use my recipes each year, thousands....  And never leave so much as a hi, thanks for sharing comment.

 I'm pretty surprised, but it happens daily, hundreds a day actually, and I see on my site meter, who and where, and when.
 Anyway, I thought it was kind of rude, so I decided to move my recipes around..
 lol

My Best Pie Crust Mix, 
This must be the most popular recipes on the internet, it is sure popular with friends who can now make pies!
( No one can fail to make good pie crust with this recipe)

8 C flour
3 C Crisco shortening
1 T salt
Cut ingredients. together in a large bowl, then store in an airtight container in frig until ready to us.
Then:
Use 1T ice water per ½ cup of mix …or…

1 crust uses 1 and 1/2 cups mix ( plus 3 T ice water)
Mix together in a bowl until dough makes a loose ball, roll on a lightly floured board. Makes 1- 9 inch pie shell.

The world's Best Chocolate Pie

( Warning! You will never eat chocolate pie away from home again!)

1 and ½ C sugar
4 heaping T Flour
8 T cocoa ( or 2 packets of redi blend)

1 t vanilla

3 C milk
3 egg yolks
½ stick margarine ( 2oz)

Mix sugar, flour and cocoa, add milk mixed with egg yolks, cook until thick.
 Remove from heat, add margarine and vanilla
Pour into a baked 9 inch pie shell. 

Make meringue from egg whites. Bake 20 minutes at 325.

No comments: