Translate

April 17, 2009

Nothing Real Could Change



Times pass 
nothing changes
 nothing stays the same

Only what is, never changes
the river runs over it's  banks and makes a new bed
 the water  remains 

Years pass by
 don't see your eyes 
 hear your voice
smell your scent

Calendars my memory flips through
  days and weeks months, years
no word, yet, I think of you 
doesn't change

Countless times  wanting to hear your 
voice
near my ear
saying  best friends again
always

silence is all
 nothing else
 never changes
silence speaks
 given up I guess
we've parted ways I see
it must be
so

decades pass by
 life seems to be nearing the end 
 at times
letting go
 I'll just let go

Then you're looking for me
 calling my name
wanting me
again
still

nothing has changed
heart whispers it's secrets 
(I already know) 
into my ear
wordlessly
a message so simple

be my friend
the universe spins off it's axis
words mean nothing
never have
One soul is  all there is

Mine and yours 
One.
Your neurons mingled with mine 
we were twins 
on the Scottish highlands perchance?
or enemies fighting over shirts?

before time 
the beginning 
we were One, 
for sure, and never parted
took strange forms
pretended to be separate
leaves from a tree

to see how it would feel
 strangers
What could be stranger?
(part of the plan?)
 nothing changed
it's all the same old familiar story
everything changed, but nothing could

love, love love



No comments: