Translate

December 13, 2005

My photos from hiking Mt Adams, a Cascade Volcano

Taken at Sunrise. The night before it was very windy. I think I slept ouside my tent in my bag, however, that way I don't miss a star, the moon, the dawn. Or maybe this was one of those times we were short a sleeping bag, and it was cold and uncomfortable, sitting awake waiting for morning to dawn! Oh well, some things you think you will never forget, but you do.

Read more about the Cascade Ranges here...skiing the Cascade Volcanoes.
The Cascade Volcanoes


Enjoy these photos, they are so beautiful in full size, they take you there. They make me want to go back.

Adams;
Major Peaks:
Main Summit: 12276 ft (3742 m)
The Pinnacle: 12080 ft (3682 m)
Pikers Peak (False Summit): 11657 ft (3553 m) Compare with...

Mount Rainier
14411 ft (4392 m) Highest point in Washington State .
Major Peaks:
Columbia Crest: 14411 ft (4392 m)
Point Success: 14158 ft (4315 m)
Liberty Cap: 14112 ft (4301 m)
Little Tahoma: 11138 ft (3395 m)

From this area you can see Mt Hood and Mt St Helens. Higher up, of course, you can see all the Volcanoes of the area. Sigh, I wish I had moved here long long ago, when I was a kid. I don't want to reincarnate, but if I have to, I would like to climb more..all my life.









Found Photos of Adams:

Mt. Adams
By Dave Goeke (pronounced Gaykey)
The air was so clear and the light made Mt. Adams jump out of the distance.
Location: Mt. Adams from Sunrise Road in Mt. Rainier Nat. Park
Date: Thursday, Jul 14th, 2005

No comments: