Translate

September 21, 2020

Summers End Bouquets and more...

Time last evening to Prune roses once more and make a summers end bouquet of many of the last blooms In the garden. 
I fill a vase or pitcher with hot water and head out with pruners, lugging my water vessel and it’s usually a heavy load, then trying to avoid spiders I prune and cut stems and begin filling the vases.
 I search around the yard for hidden beauties, and check in the back too, then I bring them in ready to place around the house. The hot Water helps the flowers  to open and stay alive, so basically I have fragrant blooms this morning. 
The arrangements are doing good. I have more hydrangeas to bring in.
They’re all earthy colors, no pinks, and I got a few blues. Oh yes, oh yes, and a slice of blueberry Peach cobbler I made last night. It’s mostly gone now.  One of my Ikat porcelain vessel cone 6 fired 
Photo 2, details of bouquet flowers 


















No comments: