Translate

September 10, 2007

Nimbostratusland

Thursday left for Railto Beach.. stayed first night in Forks at Forks Motel (85.00... nuts!)
Got up as usual crack of noon, and went for breakfast, looked at a motel for sale in town, hmm?
IF I were stuck at Forks..would YOU come visit me..stay in my motel?




The ocean is spectacular here...nothing short of that.. visitors stop me as I pack my gear down the beach asking me about where I hike to, there is an over 30 miles stretch of beach to hike. The response is always the same to Rialto and washington beaches, " I have never seen anything so amazing in my life!"


















3 years ago we observed pelicans at the beach for the first time, (of my 14 going to Railto) but hadn't been in a few years. They seem to be growing in population, they look primitive , like teraydactlys, are amazing to watch fish, as they dive into water folding their wings just as they hit the water. Smaller birds follow them to get fed.

At one point yesterday morning I felt like life had promise, and with major war waging I rarely feel that.
It was the site of birds filling the sky, made me feel we still have natural resources that are indeed healthy, and abundant, it gives me shivers to watch this natrual life force living.
Lets protect it!!

...click on pictures to enlarge, and search my blog for more photos of Rialto and Shi Shi and other beaches...

This trip, first time camped right on beach, not back in woods, it was a nice change, we also had areas of shade to rest in, the stars were beautiful, and put me to sleep watching them.

I admit going into Three Rivers Resort {Quillayute River; Quillayute river system] - the Hoh, Sol Duc, Bogachiel and Calawah}
to get a shower and a milkshake.. lol I like to rough it, but hey, a few miles down the beach I have my car to tempt me into cheating..


Rialto Beach - Olympic Wilderness

Check out info on Rialto Beach here. Scroll down for more photos form a month ago.

Google Rialto for more photos..

No comments: